Monday, January 12, 2009

Year 2009!!

With every new year I like to try something new. The year 2007 was my year to NOT leave a store with a plastic bags, leaving me juggling my groceries if I forgot our reusable bags, which quickly taught me to remember them. The year 2008 I tried to purchase more thoughtful gifts, or homemade items (all the little kids on our holiday list received educational books!).

So, for 2009 I've decided to make this the year that the only gifts I give will be either "donation or experience"!

If you're still not sure what that means, here are some examples of what I'll be doing:
Dad's birthday gift could be a "donation", say I donate to his favourite charity or have some trees planted in his honour.
OR
Dad's birthday gift could be an "experience", I could take Dad out to dinner, or send him sky diving.


It's making it very interesting and makes me think a lot more about the person that I'm giving to. My first challenge is my Cousin Marr's baby shower this coming Sunday. Any ideas??

cheers,
jann.

PS.. don't worry I'll still show you my favourite finds on Etsy and am still buying off Etsy for our home. ;)

4 comments:

ms318i said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ms318i said...

happy new year sweetie.

some suggestions for teh baby shower........well i'm guessing the sky diving would be out of the question lol.........but with a baby present you could include a voucher for a pedicure for your cousin......i'm sure she hasn't been able to tend to her toes lately with that belly...........lol

Nicole said...

the baby shower has probably come and gone by now, but if you have an other one what about a canada savings bond or money to be contributed to the baby's school fund?

2ReVert said...

good one Nicole, I'll have to remember those ones... love them :)

xo,
2ReVert